cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk>
Subject Python sample not working with 2.1
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 11:28:18 GMT
Hello Cocoon developers.

I would like to volunteer to help with the development of Cocoon 2.1,
as I have some time on my hands until I can find a job. I see the
todo.xml file is dated 27th August. Are all the tasks marked open
within it still looking for a volunteer?

Anyway, as a preliminary, I thought I'd make sure I could get
everything in the samples working first. I'm working my way through
the problems, which is helping me to get to know cocoon. But I have
got stuck on the Python sample.

I have installed jython.jar (jython 2.1) in local/lib, and the build
process copies it to WEB-INF/lib ok (and the property python.present
gets set to true). However, invoking the sample (from the dynamic
content page) gets an error:

 The org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode notifies that org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException
says:

Failed to load sitemap from file:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/samples/scripts/sitemap.xmap

More precisely:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to load sitemap from file:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/samples/scripts/sitemap.xmap:
org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: Resource not found.: org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceNotFoundException:
Resource not found file:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/samples/scripts/sitemap.xmap

since there is no scripts directory under webapps/cocoon/samples, I'm
not surprised that a sitemap.xmap can't be loaded from there. What I'm
not sure is why this is happening.
Is Python support supposed to be working in 2.1? Can anyone tell me
what lines to pursue to investigate this?
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire