cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen ...@hist.umn.edu>
Subject Re: Question about logging
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 01:46:06 GMT
On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> >On a side note, it would be nice to have some sort of simple access logs
> >that followed the "tradition" Apache HTTPD-style logs.
> >

> But, as I said above, Tomcat can write it - why do you want to do it again?
>
> Vadim

Well, in the case of something like a weblog (cocoblog), it's nice to be
able to track and see who's been linking to your posts.  That's all...
probably a lot more work that it's worth.  I was hoping on finding
something that was not container-specific, but I suppose it is the concern
of the servlet container to log requests and not of the servlet that is
running.

Tony

Tony Collen -- tc@socsci.umn.edu
College of Liberal Arts   University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, West Bank