cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From mratl...@collegenet.com
Subject Re: XMLForm having "-" like cocoon-action-next
Date Sun, 20 Oct 2002 16:20:56 GMT

I don't understand.  Is the error produced on the client or the server?  Does
this markup:
      <var name="cocoon-action-next" expr="Next"/>
get transformed by xslt into a javascript variable in the page sent to the
client?  Or is it part of the markup language of the page?  Can you pass an
array in the namelist? i.e.,
      <submit next="wizard?" namelist="Vars['cocoon-xmlform-view'], etc.

Sorry to be so thick; form elements commonly have characters like "-" and "." in
their names; must be some way to work this out...

--Michael

                      apurva zaveri

                      <azaveri@yahoo.co        To:       cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org,

                      m>                        cocoon-users@xml.apache.org

                                               cc:

                      10/19/02 10:21 PM        Subject:  Re: XMLForm having "-" like

                      Please respond to         cocoon-action-next

                      cocoon-dev

--- mratliff@collegenet.com wrote:

> sorry, that should be:

documents.forms[0].elements['cocoon-xmlform-view'].value
> also, if you need these to be variable names, use an
> associative array:
>       var Vars=new Array()
>       Vars['cocoon-xmlform-view']="some view"
>       Vars['cocoon-action-prev']="some resource"
>       Vars['cocoon-action-next']="some resource"
> then
>       foo="cocoon-xmlform-view'
>       view=Vars[foo]
> etc.

oh nice. So the HTML problem is solved.

But in VXML you submit the form like this

<submit next="wizard?" namelist="city propertyType
rent"/>

The above statement is not a problem.

<var name="cocoon-action-next" expr="Next"/><!-- this
vxml variable is actually
an javascript variable
generated at the backend -->

<submit next="wizard?"
namelist="cocoon-xmlform-view city propertyType rent cocoon-action-next"/>
<!-- even if i had an array I would have to submit
cocoon-xmlform-view variable.
how? -->

This gives an error.

-Apurva