cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Luca Morandini" <spectrum.morand...@ipzs.it>
Subject [SUMMARY] JFreeChart, anyone ?
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 13:11:33 GMT
Folks,

first, I'd like to thank all the people who kindly answered my call.

However, the project I'm currently involved needs something else than a
serializer, and something more flexible than Krysalis-Wings, therefore:

1) We'd like to build a transformer (chart definition and chart data in, SVG
out) from scratch (the resulting SVG may be serialized as PNG or JPEG later
in the pipeline)
2) We'll use JFreeChart (our customer likes it, moreover, we deem it more
powerful than JChart)
3) We'll develop the code for Pie, Bar and Stacked bar charts only; but we
hope to provide a good code base to build upon
4) Our customer (Istituto Poligrafico e Zecca dello Stato
http://www.ipzs.it ) would like to donate the resulting software (the
Transformer).
5) We'll develop it in the next couple of weeks
6) We'll build it using Cocoon 2.0.2

Let me know if someone has some comments/suggestions on it. Particularly,
I'd like to know whether it could be built as a Cocoon block (and how).

Best regards,

Luca Morandini
spectrum.morandini@ipzs.it
lmorandini@ieee.org

     We are protected from the virus by Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition