cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: defaulting to a matcher when another one is not present
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 09:35:12 GMT

Currently I'm -0 but with a tendency to -1.

Why? I see these reasons:
1) This is an incompatible change - currently if nothing matches in the
   subsitemap, the error handler is invoked and people rely on this, so
   this will break many installations.
2) I think it is more natural if a sub sitemap is invoked that it is
   the sole responsibility of this sub sitemap to process the request.
3) Before you consider implementing this simple sounding change, have a
   look at all the component manager and source handling stuff which
   takes place when a sub sitemap is invoked - it's very difficult
   to implement your wantet behaviour without breaking everything.

Carsten