cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [important proposal] Cocoon as official Apache project
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:04:49 GMT

Steven Noels wrote:
> <snipped good explanation I really value/>

I really value your effort, Steven, and of course of those others helping
you
in createing cocoondev.org. It's a great idea! And I don't want that you
have to throw away all the effort already put into cocoondev.org.

But, *if* Cocoon becomes a top-level project, I'm not sure if it is also
a good thing to use cocoondev.org as the infrastructure. Now I see
two possible problems:

a) What is hosted where? Is a mailing list hosted at apache or at
   cocoondev.org etc. Of course, this might not be a big thing, but
   it could confuse others.
   We could use cocoondev.org for example for show casing Cocoon
   and everything else is hosted at apache.

b) Legal issues. To be honest, I don't know much about legal things,
   but I guess that it might make a difference if something is done
   on a server hosted by apache or on a server not hosted by apache.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the idea of cocoondev.org and as long
as Cocoon is not a top-level project, it's the only way.
But if we become a top-level project, I really like the idea to "fix
the current problems/shortcommings" here at Apache.

Perhaps we can talk more about this at the gettogether.

Carsten