cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: InputModules and SourceInspectors
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:36:20 GMT
Stephan Michels wrote:

> On my intentions to integrate Slide into Cocoon I developed
> the InspectableSource and SourceInspector IFs. And now I'm
> thinking about merging the two concepts, InputModules and
> SourceInspectors.
>
> The SourceInspectors are used to get information about
> a Source, e.g. the height of an image. It should be an replacement
> for the ImageDirectoryGenerator, and MP3DirectoryGenerator etc.
>
> The InspectableSource should create the posibility to store
> properties with the a source, like title, owner etc. It
> should work similar to the WebDAV propfind and proppatch method.

Ehm, why do you need an extra marker interface for this? The
Source interface has already these methods:
    String getParameter( String name );
    long getParameterAsLong( String name );
    Iterator getParameterNames();

So, you ask a source for any information, e.g. the height or
anything else and if the source supports this information,
you will get it.

I think we should really avoid this flood of additional
source marker interfaces.

Carsten