cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Back from Germany
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:40:58 GMT
Amir Rosen wrote:
> .
> > > Also, we planned on having a web interface on top of Cocoon for
> > > configurations and for block deployment. Of course, all secured and
> > > possibly to be turned off for production environments.
> > >
> > And this is the part where we spend most time, because this
> > is the interface
> > to the Cocoon user. This has to be very clear and simple but of course
> > powerfull.
> > And the great thing is, that this web interface will be
> > developed using
> > Cocoon and it's components. So it is also a good presentation
> > of Cocoon
> > itself: we can show flow script, svg generation etc.
> >
> > Carsten
> >

> So You'll have to install the batik block (and any other block
> you want to demonstrate)
> in order to configure the cocoon core ?

With the web interface you configure (or manage) your blocks.
If this interface uses Batik and Batik is a block then this
would mean that the web interface has a dependency to this
block. That's right.
I admit that mentioning SVG above was not a good idea.
The web interface should work without the requirement of
installing a block.

Carsten