cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [important proposal] Cocoon as official Apache project
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 19:07:16 GMT
Carsten,

I don't think we have a problem here. So far Apache has been using
machines offered by collab.net if I'm not mistaken to host all the Web
sites and the overall infrastructure (mailing lists, CVS etc.). For
them this incurs some costs and administrative headaches obviously. If
some projects choose to offload them and host at least their Web site
on a different machine, it should be no problem.

right now, but place the Web site on the same machine which hosts
cocoondev.org. We can arrange to have cocoon.apache.org point to this
machine.

IMO cocoon.apache.org and cocoondev.org should remain separate,
preferably the later under the same ASF umbrella:

- cocoon.apache.org should host Cocoon, the project

- cocoondev.org should host applications using Cocoon, which may or may
not be free of commercial interests

Using the same infrastructure will help us minimize the administrative
costs which translates into more time spent on useful work.

I don't think there's any legal issue having the machine hosted
elsewhere, but I may be wrong. Dirk?

Best regards,
--
Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu@apache.org>