cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: StrutsCX
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 08:43:52 GMT
I looked at it and it is interesting.

One thing which annoys me though is the use of XSLT to generate the
output pages at the request time. I would much rather like to have the
output pages preprocessed through XSLT the first time they're
requested, and have the preprocessed form served later on. The
preprocessed version can be a JSP or Velocity page, which is then
processed to generate the output.

StrutsCX's design looks very similar to a very lightweight system I'm
building using scripting languages supported by BSF as the controller
and some AOP patterns thrown in for component based extensibility.
Basically instead of using only Java for describing actions, you can
use in addition JavaScript, Python, TCL or Netrxx. And yes, the wacky
part is that these languages are used to describe your businesses
logic, not only the flow.

If anybody's interested just drop me a line and I can explain more
about this framework.

Best regards,
Ovidiu

--