cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: [Proposal]: Advanced Value Substitution
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 11:27:55 GMT
> From: Sylvain Wallez [mailto:sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com]
> tcurdt@dff.st wrote:
>
> >>I think, the proposed {\1} looks nice. And its very easy to
> >>understand.
> >>

> >Other comments?
> >

> We don't support absolute paths for now, although it can
> easily be added
> in o.a.c.treeprocessor.variables.PreparedVariableResolver.
>
> We also have the (hidden ?) <map:global-parameters> feature which
> defines the first level or sitemap variables. These are the ones that
> should be accessed by the /-rooted notation.

We don't have them any more. See the last commit from Carsten. They are
replaced by 'global' input module and...

> <map:pipelines>
>   <map:global-parameters>
>     <map:parameter name="img-dir" value="foo"/>
>   </map:global-parameters>
>
>   <map:pipeline>
>     <map:match src="*.gif">
>       <map:read src="{/img-dir}/{1}.gif"/>
>     </map:match>
>   </map:pipeline>
> </map:pipelines>
>
> Naming note : what about renaming "global-parameters" to
> "global-variables" ? Parameters are built by the sitemap for
> use used by
> components, whereas variables are set by components and given back to
> the sitemap for {} subsitution. So the "global-variables"
> names seems to
> me more appropriate.

...and global-parameters are renamed to global-variables.

> How does it sound ?

Either I've got this email much later than Carsten who already committed
this change or he can read Sylvain's thoughts ;)

Konstantin