cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: [RT]: InputModules interfaces
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 14:42:47 GMT
> From: Carsten Ziegeler [mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de]
>
> Hi,
>
> I just looked at the InputModule interface and I have some
> questions/suggestions:
>
> a) Package name
> I think the interface should rather be located in
> o.a.c.components.modules (or perhaps o.a.c.sitemap)

+1

> b) Exception handling
> The methods should not throw an ConfigurationException
> because this exception is an "avalon reserved lifecycle
> exception". ProcessingException would be much better.

+1

> c) What this optional "modeConf" Parameter?

No idea here.

> d) Is there currently any use for getAttributeValues() ?

For usage in sitemap attribute values only the getAttribute() method has
meaning. But input modules are concidered to be used also in other places,
e.g. in XSP to obtain modular values (maybe through a logicsheet) or in
actions.

(These questions are better be answered by Chris.)

--
  Konstantin