cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DTD v. WXS v. Schematron v. RelaxNG
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:30:01 GMT
On Thursday, October 24, 2002, at 03:01  AM, David Crossley wrote:
> We trust that the current spurt of activity will
> provide sufficient momentum and go to the next stage
> - actually doing validation of important configuration
> files: sitemap.xmap, cocoon.xconf, and also xdocs.

There are already bits in Avalon CVS that will handle validation of a
Configuration object. The current implementation uses the JARV API with
Jing underneath it (for RELAX-NG validation. Sun has a JARV impl that
does XML Schema too I believe but I'm unsure as to the freeness of it).

I have on my todo-list to break that code out and make it part of the
excalibur/configuration, I'll step that up and try to get it done this
weekend so it can be plugged into Cocoon.
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org