cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: New ZipArchiveSerializer
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 17:51:26 GMT
Jeremy Aston wrote:

>Very cool,
>
>As a demo of how to write a generator for Lajos' and
>my upcoming Cocoon book I have written a
>ZipDirectoryGenerator which might augment this.  If
>anyone is interested in getting the code then let me
>know.

Sounds good, but the same can easily be achieved by chaining the
DirectoryGenerator and the ZipArchiveSerializer through a very simple
XSL transformation.

So I would say keep the ZipDirectoryGenerator for the book, as books
need to have samples that don't exist in the product, and let's avoid
unnecessary multiplication of overlapping components in the code base.

BTW, can you tell us when your book will be available ?

Sylvain