cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: New ZipArchiveSerializer
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 17:12:15 GMT
Enke, Michael wrote:

>Cool.
>But two questions:
>1) can we configure if zip or gzip?

Nope, this is zip only. Using gzip would mean producing a tar.gz.

>2) wouldn't it be better to add zip/gzip functionallity to
>   AbstractSerializer so that we have it for all?
>   I thing that someone want to have html zipped ...

Ah, I understand... the misunderstanding ;-) This serializer is not
about compressing the output, but about aggregating *several sources in
an archive*. The compression stuff is only an added benefit of the zip
format.

There was a discussion back in July about sending gzipped html, but this
lead to the conclusion that this is the responsibility of the container
(httpd or Tomcat). See
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=102602879406360&w=2 for
more info.

Sylvain