cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Back from Germany
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:58:34 GMT
Leo Sutic wrote:

> Stefano,
>
> 1) I don't care if you do it behind my back or wherever.

You might not, but I do.

I've been calling this way of doing software "open development" since
"open source" refers to the distribution of software, not the way the
development community is run.

I don't want anybody (so myself included) to do anything behind the back
  of anybody. Nor to make it appear that when (unfortunately rarely)
people get together in real life to talk, this appears as doing hidden
things or secret plans.

The perception of openness is not only important, is the *key* to a
healhty stable and diverse community.

>  I like it.
>    It is something I've seen as the logical conclusion for quite some
>    time. Imagine - instead of deploying a war to deploy car (cocoon
>    archives) and so on, cocoon webapps are raised to the same level
>    as normal webapps.
>
> 2) I haven't been following cocoon-dev much. Your previous discussion
>    was probably completely missed by me.

I'll do a sum-up soon.