cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [important proposal] Cocoon as official Apache project
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:04:20 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

 > 3) what does it mean for Cocoon?
 >
 > Being a project allows us to host several different incubation-stage
 >  efforts underneath. Cocoblog, wyona, forrest, cocoon-related IDE
 > plugins could be possible additions. Of course, with the idea of
 > promoting them as top-level projects when they are successful from a
 > community perspective.
 >
 > Also, it means that we could have our own machine running the entire
 >  cocoon.apache.org web site (that means: finally having Cocoon
 > serving its own pages!)
 >
 > Last but not least, it will give much more visibility to Cocoon since
 > it will be visible directly from www.apache.org

Seems you hit the sweet spot pretty hard :-|

OK. I won't be doing this all by myself. But I don't want to see
something we have been preparing for such a long time willingly ignored
by this proposal.

So I would like to make a sub-proposal attached to this vote:

The dream of cocoon.apache.org having its own hardware resources can be
realized by working further on the foundations of http://cocoondev.org/.
I'm ready to see the proposed cocoondev.org board being subsumed by the
Cocoon PMC for that matter. Also, what we have set up as guidelines
should be scrutinized and fleshed out further to bring in line with the
new PMC's ideas. The main benefit of cocoondev.org is that it has been
set up with sufficient compartimentization in mind, both on a security
and classloading level. So all these cocoon-based apps can be developed
and showcased independently from each other. And that the machine is
there and available, of course.

I'm all +1 for cocoon.apache.org being a top-level project, of course. I
sent you a mail suggesting to move forward with this 5 days ago.

But I would be very sad to see what we have been doing for cocoondev.org
going lost in the turmoil. Especially on my 32nd birthday :-|

All: if you were not aware of http://cocoondev.org/, please take a look.
  If you are interested and want to discuss further , please subscribe
yourself using supporters-subscribe@lists.cocoondev.org

But hopefully, this list might soon become something like
infrastructure@cocoon.apache.org

</Steven>