cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Back from Germany
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:08:51 GMT
Amir Rosen wrote:

> >And the great thing is, that this web interface will be
> >developed using
> >Cocoon and it's components. So it is also a good presentation
> >of Cocoon
> >itself: we can show flow script, svg generation etc.
> >
> >Carsten
> >

> So You'll have to install the batik block (and any other block you
> want to demonstrate)
> in order to configure the cocoon core ?

Read again: SVG generation != SVG rasterization.

I plan to start using SVG extensively for a nice web-based interface to
show off the technology and having it fall back to standard boring HTML
if the client doesn't support SVG.

But no, I don't plan to use SVG rasterization but full-blown dynamic SVG
capabilities.

I want people to drop their jaws on the floor when they see it and I
won't stop until that happens :)