cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Another XSP?
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 21:15:06 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:

> "Introducing XML Server Pages - XSP"
>
> "XSP technology is a revolutionary innovation from Trilog built to
> improve both the development and execution of powerful Web applications.
> As the core technology in FlowBuilder XML Edition, XML Server Pages
> (XSPs) provide the framework to create dynamic applications that
> leverage reusable components in a manner that is faster, more intuitive,
> more flexible, and more easily maintained than JSPs or ASPs."
>
> http://xsp.triloggroup.com/flowbuilder/site/f5_1_Tech_XSP.xsp
>
> Maybe we should have trademarked the "XSP" term :-(

Actually, DataChannel already has a trademark on the term XSP.

This is one of the reasons I wanted them into xml.apache.org (they were
the donor of the Xang project, which is now going to hybernation) so
that they could, at least, be on the friendly part.

Anyway, I'll bring this up to the ASF members and see if we should do
something about it.

Anyway, we have a public use of the term XSP since 1999 but I'm not sure
how enforcable that would be since they their XSP means XML Server pages
and not eXtensible like we do.

But anyway, everyone who should, already knows what XSP are :)