cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: CaheValidity & toString()
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:52:08 GMT
Stephen Ng wrote:

>Vadim,
>

>>Back to basics... You can either ask user list on how to do this or
>>simply use:
>>
>><map:match pattern="path/cacheable">
>>    ... pipeline goes here ...
>></map:match>
>>

>I am sorry to be so stupid here but I don't understand! :-(.  I know I
>can use a general pattern in the match pattern, but how does that help
>me when I create the src attribute for map:part, which somehow needs to
>know about the query string?  Suppose I have:
>
><map:match pattern="path/cacheable">
>  <map:aggregate element="root">
>    <map:part src="cocoon://path/cacheable">
>  </map:aggregate>
>  <map:serialize/>
></map:match>
>
><map:match pattern="cacheable">
>  <map:generate type="serverpages" src="cacheable.xsp"/>
>  <map:serialize/>
></map:match>
>
>This will work--but since map:part's src doesn't contain the query
>string, there will only be one key generated, which will prevent results
>generated from different query string results from being cached.  You
>say I need to aggregate using:
>

>>>   cocoon://path/cacheable?param=some-value
>>>

>If we are using page-number, then it looks like:
>
><map:match pattern="path/cacheable">

<!-- get page number here - read (java)doco and use appropriate matchers
or input modules -->

>  <map:aggregate element="root">
>    <map:part src="cocoon://path/cacheable?page-number=WHATGOESHERE?">

Either
    <map:part
src="cocoon://path/cacheable?page-number=DEPENDSONWHATYOUUSEDABOVE?">
or similar to
    <map:part
src="cocoon://path/cacheable?page-number={request-param:page-number}?">
if page number comes as request parameter.

PS On -users people will provide you with more hints.

Vadim