cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: build system [was: scratchpad blocks]
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 04:31:25 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

>while implementing the scratchpad blocks...
>

>>I am fine with that... So I'll go for
>>
>>         <!-- the following blocks are marked unstable and should be
>>               considered being pre-alpha quality. Their API might change
>>               without notice -->
>>         <myteststuff include="false" status="unstable"/>
>>         <scratchpad include="false" status="unstable"/>
>>

>...I found some things I like to hear some opinions on before changing the
>whole build system ;-)
>
>1. I found that the status="unstable" should be not in the properties.xml file
>but the modules.xml file. since that's the file that describes our blocks
>
>2. Why is this file called modules.xml?

AFAIU, module.xml is for the gump.

And, while we are on the subject, why, why gump projects / cocoon blocks
named as "fop-block", and not "cocoon-fop-block"???

Just look at http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/ - isn't it
confusing? One might think that FOP guys come up with some block idea...

Vadim