cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: CaheValidity & toString()
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 04:23:00 GMT
Stephen Ng wrote:

>>PS In the meantime, workaround is to use such System IDs (cocoon://
>>URLs) that have same information as a key, because System IDs are not
>>ignored.
>>

>Is this possible if the difference is only in the query string?

Yes, see SitemapSource.java:

        // create system ID
        this.systemId = queryString == null ?
            "cocoon://" + requestURI :
            "cocoon://" + requestURI + "?" + queryString;

> If so,
>I don't understand enough about the sitemap/aggregation/cocoon protocol
>to see how to do this....

Suppose you want to aggregate cacheable.xsp and have it cached for
different values of 'param'. Then, you need to aggregate it using:

    cocoon://path/cacheable?param=some-value

Instead of just:

    cocoon://path/cacheable

Latter will also work but it has system ID which does not change thus
content aggregator will re-create response every time param value
changes (because CA key consist from system IDs)

Vadim