cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilya A. Kriveshko" <i...@kaon.com>
Subject Need to be able to get Content-Type from SitemapSource
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2002 20:31:50 GMT
I need to be able to obtain Content-Type from SitemapSource (or any
other Source for that matter.) I expected to find a similar
functionality already in place, but it isn't there in either URLSource
or SitemapSource.

Can someone familiar with the subject-matter of using Sources suggest a
way to get this information. I need to know the MIME type of the content
I am receiving from the SitemapSource or URLSource, as well as
Content-Disposition, if one is supplied.

Excalibur's org.apache.excalibur.source.Source provides getMimeType()
method, but there is not a matching equivalent in cocoon's
org.apache.cocoon.environment.Source. I wonder if would be a good idea
to add a generic getContentProperty(String name) method to Source that,
at least for content obtained via HTTP connections, would return
supplied HTTP headers and for Cocoon sitemap sources would return
whatever is applicable? (?)

I would appreciate any insight as to how I could get at the MIME type of
the Source's content.

Thanks!
--
Ilya