cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: R: R: [SUMMARY] JFreeChart, anyone ?
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 14:32:06 GMT
Moving this to Krysalis, we will eventually post a summary on the Cocoon
list later.

Luca Morandini wrote:
> Nicola,
>
> we've tried to use the Transformer included in Wings, but:
>
> 1) We weren't able to compile it, due to some jar version mismatch

Hmmm... any clue about this, anyone?

> 2) We didt't like its use of fixed DOM paths

Hmmm... can be changed, nothing set in stone.

> 3) We didn't understand its use of logging

In which way?

> 4) AFAIK the Transformer didn't use JFreeChart

CVS version doesn't, but Tom IIRC had already done a version with is on
his computer.

> Well, I used WinCVS to download it, and maybe I just didn't download the
> latest version.
> How could I download the latest stable release without using WinCVS ?

It's still a Work in Progress, that's why I asked you to join us.
If you are seriously interested in working on the code I could propose
you for commit access and you could work with us on it.

No need to start yet another charting effort, we can work together :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -