cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: sitemap DTD and sitebuilder
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:50:20 GMT
Colin Paul Adams wrote:

>    Vadim> Please mind that all invalid parts in lint are commented
>    Vadim> out. The rest is valid sitemap (which, btw, works).
>
>OK - lint sitemap now validates except for unknown-tag. In order for
>that to validate, I have to add a line:
>
><!ELEMENT unknown-tag EMPTY>
>
>or some such to the dtd. Is this reasonable?

AFAIU, it is not possible to create DTD for the sitemap language exactly
because some components allow any element name (for example, see
RequestParameterExistsAction, and don't mind javadoc: it's not
completely correct); the only possibility is to create DTD for all
existing sitemap files.

If you are after second, then yes, it is reasonable.

PS Last thing which does not allow to run Cocoon in validating mode are
XSLT files without DTD - and here universal DTD is also not possible to
create.

PPS If it helps, attached find sitemap DTD which only purpose is to
allow parsing with validation, but it does not have a purpose of
validating sitemap... Hope it's clear.

Vadim