cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <a...@superlinksoftware.com>
Subject Re: never gonna make it to a butterfly
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 18:22:34 GMT
> Stupid english uses the same word for 'you' (one person) and 'you'
> (many people).

Stefano let me introduce you to speaking proper 'merican.  This is
understood universally throughout the US and most of abroad will get it
intuitively.  I did not adopt this into my speach until my Latin teacher
insisted I translate YOU (pl) properly.

The correct form of YOU (pl) is Y'all.  This is a contraction of You and
ALL.  If you want to be less casual you can say "You all".

If I'm able to make it in november I can work with you on pronounciation
of Y'all.

Just a note... In Texas Y'all is singular and Y'alls is plural, but
thats only in the Republic of Texas and causes universal confusion
outside of Texas.

> The above sentence was *not* referred to Steven, but to all those who
> wish they had blocks *YESTERDAY* but are not doing anything about it.
>
> Sorry about it, Steven.

-Andy