cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: never gonna make it to a butterfly
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:05:12 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> Am I the only one who believes too much has been made part of the Cocoon
> core right now - and that keeping all of this up to date is next to
> impossible?

No, you are not.

But the block refactoring is under way and it's pruning the core tree
pretty well already.

In the future, we'll be able to deploy blocks on top of a naked cocoon.

So, what defines a naked cocoon?

That is yet to be defined but it doesn't really matter once the dynamic
block operation will be in place, because, you'll be able to do some
apt-get-like operation to download and prepare the modules that your
stuff depend on, even at runtime.

Ah, one more thing, don't ask 'when', ask how you can help.