cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <>
Subject Re: Python sample not working with 2.1
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 19:30:02 GMT
Colin Paul Adams wrote:

>Hello Cocoon developers.
>I would like to volunteer to help with the development of Cocoon 2.1,
>as I have some time on my hands until I can find a job. I see the
>todo.xml file is dated 27th August. Are all the tasks marked open
>within it still looking for a volunteer?
>Anyway, as a preliminary, I thought I'd make sure I could get
>everything in the samples working first. I'm working my way through
>the problems, which is helping me to get to know cocoon. But I have
>got stuck on the Python sample.
>I have installed jython.jar (jython 2.1) in local/lib, and the build
>process copies it to WEB-INF/lib ok (and the property python.present
>gets set to true). However, invoking the sample (from the dynamic
>content page) gets an error:
> The org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode notifies that org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException
>Failed to load sitemap from file:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/samples/scripts/sitemap.xmap
>More precisely:
>org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to load sitemap from file:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/samples/scripts/sitemap.xmap:
org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: Resource not found.: org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceNotFoundException:
Resource not found file:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/samples/scripts/sitemap.xmap
>since there is no scripts directory under webapps/cocoon/samples, I'm
>not surprised that a sitemap.xmap can't be loaded from there. What I'm
>not sure is why this is happening.
>Is Python support supposed to be working in 2.1? Can anyone tell me
>what lines to pursue to investigate this?

Python script should work, what you experience is the problem with
refactored samples: seems that refactoring is not complete yet. You can
help here by ensuring that all samples have all the needed
files/sitemaps/etc and providing patches if something is missing.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message