cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: overloading sitemap variable names
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 08:25:38 GMT
Conal Tuohy wrote:

> [...]

I agree with you, even if we're talking here of sub-sitemap, and not
blocks which are a still-to-be-defined beast.

Resources are an integral part of a sitemap (think of it as a reusable
pipeline snippet, or a subroutine), and thus named variables are visible
from resources as from any other place in the sitemap.

Mounting is a different thing, and passing named variables to
subsitemaps would introduce a coupling with the parent sitemap that
isn't desirable.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez