cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: [Announcement] sitemap variables
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2002 17:00:30 GMT
Ivelin Ivanov wrote:

> [...]

I also thought of "id", but I'd like to avoid this no-duplicate
constraint, hence "name" : a sitemap is often consituted of similar
pipeline patterns, and the same name will IMO often be associated with
statements having the same role in different branches of the sitemap.

Example :

  <map:match pattern="foo-*" name="topmatcher">
      <map:generate src="foobase-{#topmatcher:1}"/>

  <map:match pattern="bar-*" name="topmatcher">
      <map:generate type="bar" src="{#topmatcher:1}"/>

An important difference between a sitemap and an Ant file is that
pipeline construction follows a path in the sitemap hierarchy, and thus
a statement cannot use variables defined by a statement that isn't one
of its ancestors. This isn't true in Ant files where targets can be
referenced from anywhere in the file.

I also discussed about name overloading on a single path at

I guess you may not like this overloading. In that case, what about
requiring uniqueness of names _on a path_, meaning the same name can be
used in different branches of the sitemap tree ?

Sylvain Wallez

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message