cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: simple matchers to reduce overhead
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 20:06:33 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
> ...well, could you really think of more? If I look into our sitemaps those are
> the most widely used ones. All other would be regexpr / wildcard.
>
> I don't think it's that bad... If I can really save that amount of per-request
> processing time - I would go for it!

I wouldn't recommend to do this because:

> We could also modify the WildcardMatcher and hardcode some patterns instead...

This is indeed the way to go: automatically recognize patterns instead of
bothering the user to do it manually.
I'd go even farther and try to build a DFA for
  <map:match pattern="foodir/**html">
  </map:match>
  <map:match pattern="bardir/**html">
  </map:match>
the same way lexers do. In the example above, you can decide where to go
after examining *one* character...

J.Pietschmann