cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: defaulting to a matcher when another one is not present
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 11:40:10 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Quoting Carsten Ziegeler <>:

This makes it a -1 from me too.

>>2) I think it is more natural if a sub sitemap is invoked that it is
>>   the sole responsibility of this sub sitemap to process the request.

If the parent sitemap has asked the sub-sitemap to deal the request, why
on earth would it want to continue doing it itself?

The parent sitemap must decide what to do with the request; we can make
a SubSitemapHandlableAction that checks if the sub-sitemap can handle
the request, but it's really a stinky hack that makes subsitemap decide
on the URI space of the parent, which is a break in the chain of
responsibility, since it creates a callback.

>>3) Before you consider implementing this simple sounding change, have a
>>   look at all the component manager and source handling stuff which
>>   takes place when a sub sitemap is invoked - it's very difficult
>>   to implement your wantet behaviour without breaking everything.

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: