cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Using the Wiki for concepts and design (was: Back from Germany)
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 13:40:55 GMT
On Thursday 31 October 2002 14:30, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>. . .But sometimes it's very hard to make
> complex concepts clear by simply exchanging emails.
>. . .

Here are my 2 cents ;-)

IMHO that's where a wiki can help a lot: collaborating on writing and
refining use-cases or specs (few documents, many tracable authors, instant
summary) instead of "talking" about them by email (many documents, hard to
summarize). A wiki has a lot in common with a whiteboard or wall of paper
which is known to be one of the best ways of collaborating on designs.

There is some content about blocks at
http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Blocks, might be out of sync with
the current concept but I think it shows how powerful 2-3 wiki pages can be
in summarizing/refining concepts.

-Bertrand