cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From bugzi...@apache.org
Subject DO NOT REPLY [Bug 14012] New: - > Geoff
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 11:35:45 GMT
>
> --- Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net> wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I resolved the URIResolver problem by installing
> > Tomcat 4.1.12 (still
> > don't understand what the problem was, though). So,
> > I'm back to trying
> > to get user-roles for the mail component working.
> > I'm still stuck with
> > that.
> >
> > My current config involves the 1.3.1 SDK from
> > Blackdown, Tomcat 4.1.12
> > and Cocoon 2.1-dev from yesterday. I have compiled
> > the mail component
> > successfully, typed in the myroles.xconf file
> > according The Book
> > (checked many times...), and added the config for
> > the component to
> > cocoon.xconf. Then, I add
> > user-roles="WEB-INF/myroles.xconf" to the
> > cocoon-element of ditto. I think that should be what
> > I need to get
> > going, but I get errors.
> >
> > > > > ERROR   (2002-10-18) 11:59.20:465   [access]
> > > > > (Unknown-URI)
> > > > > Unknown-thread/CocoonServlet: Exception
> >
> > reloading
>
> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
> > > > > Error
> > > > > trying to load user-roles configuration
> >
> > The basic error is still the same, but seems to
> > bubble up from
> > elsewhere:
> >
> > ERROR   (2002-10-27) 17:01.29:656   [access]
> > (Unknown-URI)
> > Unknown-thread/CocoonServlet: Exception reloading
>
> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
> > Error
> > trying to load user-roles configuration
> > 	at
> > org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.configure(Cocoon.java:400)
> > 	at
> > org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:284)
> > 	at
>
> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(CocoonServlet.ja
>va:1269)
>
> > 	at
>
> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:469)
>
> > 	at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.
>java:924)
>
> > 	at
> > [snip]
> > java.io.FileNotFoundException
> > 	at
>
> org.apache.naming.resources.DirContextURLConnection.getInputStream(Di
>rContextURLConnection.java:344)
>
> > 	at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:798)
> > 	at
> > org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.configure(Cocoon.java:395)
> > 	at
> > org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:284)
> > 	at
>
> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(CocoonServlet.ja
>va:1269)
>
> > 	at
>
> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:469)
>
> > [snip]
> >
> > Frustrating, that is what it is... :-) Again, I
> > can't do much other than
> > ask for assistance...
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Kjetil
> > --
> > Kjetil Kjernsmo
> > Astrophysicist/IT
>
> Consultant/Skeptic/Ski-orienteer/Orienteer/Mountaineer
>
> > kjetil@kjernsmo.net  webmaster@skepsis.no
> > editor@learn-orienteering.org
> > Homepage: http://www.kjetil.kjernsmo.net/
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> > Please check that your question  has not already
> > been answered in the
> > FAQ before posting.
> > <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faq/index.html>
> >
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> > <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> > <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>
>
> __________________________________________________
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Y! Web Hosting - Let the expert host your web site
> http://webhosting.yahoo.com/

[PATCH] Inline cocoon.xconf comments; FAQ entry about user roles. 

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, BUT PLEASE POST YOUR BUG 
RELATED COMMENTS THROUGH THE WEB INTERFACE AVAILABLE AT
<http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=14012>.
ANY REPLY MADE TO THIS MESSAGE WILL NOT BE COLLECTED AND 
INSERTED IN THE BUG DATABASE.

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=14012

> Geoff
>
> --- Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net> wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I resolved the URIResolver problem by installing
> > Tomcat 4.1.12 (still
> > don't understand what the problem was, though). So,
> > I'm back to trying
> > to get user-roles for the mail component working.
> > I'm still stuck with
> > that.
> >
> > My current config involves the 1.3.1 SDK from
> > Blackdown, Tomcat 4.1.12
> > and Cocoon 2.1-dev from yesterday. I have compiled
> > the mail component
> > successfully, typed in the myroles.xconf file
> > according The Book
> > (checked many times...), and added the config for
> > the component to
> > cocoon.xconf. Then, I add
> > user-roles="WEB-INF/myroles.xconf" to the
> > cocoon-element of ditto. I think that should be what
> > I need to get
> > going, but I get errors.
> >
> > > > > ERROR   (2002-10-18) 11:59.20:465   [access]
> > > > > (Unknown-URI)
> > > > > Unknown-thread/CocoonServlet: Exception
> >
> > reloading
>
> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
> > > > > Error
> > > > > trying to load user-roles configuration
> >
> > The basic error is still the same, but seems to
> > bubble up from
> > elsewhere:
> >
> > ERROR   (2002-10-27) 17:01.29:656   [access]
> > (Unknown-URI)
> > Unknown-thread/CocoonServlet: Exception reloading
>
> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
> > Error
> > trying to load user-roles configuration
> > 	at
> > org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.configure(Cocoon.java:400)
> > 	at
> > org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:284)
> > 	at
>
> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(CocoonServlet.ja
>va:1269)
>
> > 	at
>
> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:469)
>
> > 	at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.
>java:924)
>
> > 	at
> > [snip]
> > java.io.FileNotFoundException
> > 	at
>
> org.apache.naming.resources.DirContextURLConnection.getInputStream(Di
>rContextURLConnection.java:344)
>
> > 	at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:798)
> > 	at
> > org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.configure(Cocoon.java:395)
> > 	at
> > org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:284)
> > 	at
>
> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(CocoonServlet.ja
>va:1269)
>
> > 	at
>
> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:469)
>
> > [snip]
> >
> > Frustrating, that is what it is... :-) Again, I
> > can't do much other than
> > ask for assistance...
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Kjetil
> > --
> > Kjetil Kjernsmo
> > Astrophysicist/IT
>
> Consultant/Skeptic/Ski-orienteer/Orienteer/Mountaineer
>
> > kjetil@kjernsmo.net  webmaster@skepsis.no
> > editor@learn-orienteering.org
> > Homepage: http://www.kjetil.kjernsmo.net/
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> > Please check that your question  has not already
> > been answered in the
> > FAQ before posting.
> > <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faq/index.html>
> >
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> > <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> > <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>
>
> __________________________________________________
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Y! Web Hosting - Let the expert host your web site
> http://webhosting.yahoo.com/

[PATCH] Inline cocoon.xconf comments; FAQ entry about user roles. 

           Summary: > Geoff
                    >
                    > --- Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net> wrote:
                    > > Hello!
                    > >
                    > > I resolved the URIResolver problem by installing
                    > > Tomcat 4.1.12 (still
                    > > don't understand what the problem was, though). So,
                    > > I'm back to trying
                    > > to get user-roles for the mail component working.
                    > > I'm still stuck with
                    > > that.
                    > >
                    > > My current config involves the 1.3.1 SDK from
                    > > Blackdown, Tomcat 4.1.12
                    > > and Cocoon 2.1-dev from yesterday. I have compiled
                    > > the mail component
                    > > successfully, typed in the myroles.xconf file
                    > > according The Book
                    > > (checked many times...), and added the config for
                    > > the component to
                    > > cocoon.xconf. Then, I add
                    > > user-roles="WEB-INF/myroles.xconf" to the
                    > > cocoon-element of ditto. I think that should be what
                    > > I need to get
                    > > going, but I get errors.
                    > >
                    > > > > > ERROR   (2002-10-18) 11:59.20:465   [access]
                    > > > > > (Unknown-URI)
                    > > > > > Unknown-thread/CocoonServlet: Exception
                    > >
                    > > reloading
                    >
                    >
                    org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationE
                    xception:
                    > > > > > Error
                    > > > > > trying to load user-roles configuration
                    > >
                    > > The basic error is still the same, but seems to
                    > > bubble up from
                    > > elsewhere:
                    > >
                    > > ERROR   (2002-10-27) 17:01.29:656   [access]
                    > > (Unknown-URI)
                    > > Unknown-thread/CocoonServlet: Exception reloading
                    >
                    >
                    org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationE
                    xception:
                    > > Error
                    > > trying to load user-roles configuration
                    > >  at
                    > > org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.configure(Cocoon.java:400)
                    > >  at
                    > > org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:284)
                    > >  at
                    >
                    >
                    org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(Coc
                    oonServlet.ja
                    >va:1269)
                    >
                    > >  at
                    >
                    >
                    org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServl
                    et.java:469)
                    >
                    > >  at
                    >
                    >
                    org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(Sta
                    ndardWrapper.
                    >java:924)
                    >
                    > >  at
                    > > [snip]
                    > > java.io.FileNotFoundException
                    > >  at
                    >
                    >
                    org.apache.naming.resources.DirContextURLConnection.getI
                    nputStream(Di
                    >rContextURLConnection.java:344)
                    >
                    > >  at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:798)
                    > >  at
                    > > org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.configure(Cocoon.java:395)
                    > >  at
                    > > org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:284)
                    > >  at
                    >
                    >
                    org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(Coc
                    oonServlet.ja
                    >va:1269)
                    >
                    > >  at
                    >
                    >
                    org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServl
                    et.java:469)
                    >
                    > > [snip]
                    > >
                    > > Frustrating, that is what it is... :-) Again, I
                    > > can't do much other than
                    > > ask for assistance...
                    > >
                    > > Best,
                    > >
                    > > Kjetil
                    > > --
                    > > Kjetil Kjernsmo
                    > > Astrophysicist/IT
                    >
                    > Consultant/Skeptic/Ski-orienteer/Orienteer/Mountaineer
                    >
                    > > kjetil@kjernsmo.net  webmaster@skepsis.no
                    > > editor@learn-orienteering.org
                    > > Homepage: http://www.kjetil.kjernsmo.net/
                    >
                    > ------------------------------------------------------
                    ---------------
                    >
                    > > Please check that your question  has not already
                    > > been answered in the
                    > > FAQ before posting.
                    > > <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faq/index.html>
                    > >
                    > > To unsubscribe, e-mail:
                    > > <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
                    > > For additional commands, e-mail:
                    > > <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>
                    >
                    > __________________________________________________
                    > Do you Yahoo!?
                    > Y! Web Hosting - Let the expert host your web site
                    > http://webhosting.yahoo.com/
                    [PATCH] Inline cocoon.xconf comments; FAQ entry about
                    user roles.
           Product: Cocoon 2
           Version: Current CVS
          Platform: All
        OS/Version: All
            Status: NEW
          Severity: Normal
          Priority: Other
         Component: core
        AssignedTo: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
        ReportedBy: kjetil@kjernsmo.net


First, in the beginning of cocoon.xconf, it says that the file is in webapps,
but it has been moved to WEB-INF. My patch reflects this. 

The FAQ entry for how to configure user roles
(http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faq/faq-configure-c2.html#faq-1) is outdated.
Geoff Howard kindly pointed me to
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=101769807107026&w=2
and I have made a patch to the FAQ including that leading / that caused me so
much grief....  
Also, I have used that in the example, because Tomcat 4 seems more widely used
than other versions. 

The attachment that follows shortly has these two patches.

------- Additional Comments From kjetil@kjernsmo.net  2002-10-28 11:35 -------
Created an attachment (id=3626)
Patches to cocoon.xconf and the FAQ as described in the description.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: cocoon-dev-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
For additional commands, email: cocoon-dev-help@xml.apache.org


Mime
View raw message