cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <>
Subject Re: [Announcement] sitemap variables
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 09:12:11 GMT
On Thursday 10 October 2002 08:02, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> The more I think about this approach, the more I like it.
> But, I see some problems here:

> - First one is of course name clashes - I should not define
>   a param-prefix which is either already used or already
>   defined by an input module.

> - It's a little bit too verbose, which means I have to type
>   a lot to get it working.
> It came to my mind to simple use the "type" of the component
> as a prefix:
> <map:match pattern="**">
>    <map:generate src="{wildcard:1}"/>

I have been thinking about that too. but then you would have to count the
invidual components... would about the more general level.

<map:match pattern="**">
   <map:generate src="{1(1)}"/>

or {inputmodule:variable[level]}

<map:match pattern="**">
   <map:generate src="{1[1]}"/>

starting either by 1 or 0.

(joerg - with xpath this would be a filter on the ancestor/descendant axis ;)

> And of course {1} and {../1} must still work.

as always - keep backwards compatibly!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message