cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo Rivera <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: [Announcement] sitemap variables
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 21:06:51 GMT
Why try to reinvent the wheel?

We already have XPath. Why use it? Because its like all computer related thing
teached us for years. Everybody know that ".." means parent.

I agree with Joerg:

"in my opinion the syntax {/////1} is really poor".

I can add that nobody know this concept. Bus ask someone that never hear about
Cocoon and XPath: {../../../1}

And quickly will respond: "3 level parents back"

The syntax {///1} is ambigous. where we move? Into the childs or into the
parents. I think many people will guest that this is onto the chlids. That
will confuse this all thing more.

Antonio Gallardo