cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivelin Ivanov" <ive...@apache.org>
Subject [Q] Authentication module & JAAS
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2002 17:36:58 GMT

Recently there has been a thread on integration between an App Server's
authentication and C2.1's auth module.

Now as the majority of the app servers support the JAAS authentication
callback mechanism, would it make sense to extend the C2.1 auth. module to
automatically login in the container through the LoginContext.

If there are no negative votes, I plan to work on the connection between
Cocoon and JAAS. My ultimate goal is to make the sitemap auth. semantics
work together in a complementing and non-contraversial way with the JNDI
(web.xml, EJB, DataSource, etc.) declarative security.

-=Ivelin=-