cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From tcu...@dff.st
Subject RE: [RT]: InputModules interfaces
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 08:59:05 GMT
Quoting Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@s-und-n.de>:

> So, summarizing this, it seems that we agree on changing the InputModule
> interface to
>
> o.a.c.components.modules.InputModule
> {
>    Object getAttribute( String name, Map objectModel ) throws
> ProcessingException;
>
>    Iterator getAttributeNames( Map objectModel ) throws
> ProcessingException;
>
>    Object[] getAttributeValues( String name, Map objectModel ) throws
> ProcessingException;
> }
>
> Everyone happy with this?

I think we should also provide a security/filtering facility.

I was always scared to directly incorparate request parameters
into a paths or into the sitemap in general. same applies to the
request logicsheet. people use it to include request parameters
into sql statements - a security nightmare!

What about having a Filter interface

interface Filter {
 Object filter( Object input ) throws FilterException
}

interface o.a.c.components.modules.InputModule {
 Object getAttribute( String name, Map objectModel, Filter filter)
   throws Exception;
 Iterator getAttributeNames( Map objectModel )
   throws Exception;
 Object[] getAttributeValues( String name, Map objectModel, Filter filter)
  throws Exception;
}

...but this already asks for Filter chaining, too *sigh*

Comments?
--
Torsten