cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Melhem <micha...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject re: proposed pipeline-hints syntax
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 16:37:44 GMT
Hi Sylvain,

I have implemeneted the pipeline-hints syntax as follows:

A hints attribute has one or more comma separated hints
hints-attr :: hint [ ',' hint ]*
A hint is a name and an optional (string) value
If there is no value, it is considered as boolean string "true"
hint :: literal [ '=' litteral ]
literal :: <a character string>

Plus the normal sitemap variable resolving.

*However*, I did not implement the following rule :
Any  ',' and '=' within a literal must be escaped with '\'

This means that ',' and '=' are not permitted with any "literal"

Was there a specific reason you wanted the above (escape) behavior?
Does it make sense to have comma or equals within a literal?
Implementing the above makes spliting on "comma" and "equals"
less trivial so I was wondering if it was worth the extra effort
implementing it (if there was no specific need for it)?

Let me know what you think! :-)

Best Regards,
Michael Melhem