cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject Error Handling is NOT working
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:05:49 GMT
Hi,

I just have to repeat an email I wrote over a year ago, because the
problem is getting worse:

If an error occurs in the pipeline, the error handler is called and
produces some output (or a response). At this time, the original
pipeline could have already output some information and you might
get an "response already committed" exception or something like that.

Ok, so far so good, but since some time a serializer flushed the output
stream when it is recycled...so the response is always already committed
and the output stream can't be reset - and when the error handler trys
to create its output, an exception is thrown!

If we want to keep this error handler stuff I still vote for an
intermediate output stream for the normal pipeline. This output stream
"is copied" to the real output stream only if no error occurs.
This is some extra performance cost - so we could make this somewhere
configurable.

If anyone has a different solution, I'm all ears - but the current
implementation is absolutely useless.

Carsten