cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ola Berg <ola.b...@arkitema.se>
Subject Re: [control flow] names and concepts [was: changes and new sample]
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 10:25:12 GMT
Brainstorm

1) What component is it that we speak of?

flow
controller
flow-controller
director
flow-director

This defines an application flow

<map:flow language=\"JavaScript\">
  <map:script src=\"blah.js\"/>
</map:flow>

A \"director\" in a play makes the actors act according to a script, it could work:

<map:director language=\"JavaScript\">
  <map:script src=\"blah.js\"/>
</map:director>

Now, what happens when it is time to act according to the script? Is the flow \"called\" or
\"used\":

<map:call-flow ...

<map:use-flow ...

or is it a director that directs?

<map:direct ...

Suggestions:
use-flow
call-flow
direct

Personally, I like either \"flow\" and \"use-flow\" or \"director\" and \"direct\". On second
thougt \"flow\" and \"use-flow\" is what I like best. (Part of the problem is that \"flow\"
can be used both as a noun (the component) and as a verb (the action). \"use-flow\" makes
up for this.).

my SEK 0.02, for all that it\'s worth...

/O