cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Homeijer <M.Homei...@devote.nl>
Subject RE: WebDAV sitemap
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:06:21 GMT
There's allready a RequestMethodSelector that can do map:select
type="webdav". I prefer this one since I don't like writing code. ;-)

I don't think Slide can do the job here, because it works om a standard type
of repository or interface, not on an application build in Cocoon. With
webdav on Cocoon you can map the protocol to anything written in Cocoon.
Your application will then act as a virtual webdav repository.

I am not sure what can be reused to implement this.

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Holz
To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
Sent: 23-9-2002 11:45
Subject: Re: WebDAV sitemap

On Monday 23 September 2002 10:07, Michael Homeijer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found and received info on slide, but I was thinking of a sitemap
that
> has matchers and additional actions, transformers etc. that make
supporting
> webdav from an application much easier. This way you can easily expose
an
> application as a webdav resource. A sample sitemap would contain the
> following matchers:
>
> <map:match pattern="/">
>   <map:act type="requestmethod">
>      <map:generate src="cocoon:{request-method}"/>
>      <map:serialize/>
>   </map:act>
> </map:match>
>
> <map:match pattern="PROPFIND">
> </map:match>
>
> <map:match pattern="PROPPATCH">
> </map:match>
>
> <map:match pattern="MKCOL">
> </map:match>
>
> etc.
>
> Does this make sense?

Yes, adding Webdav methods  to the cocoon makes sense. However
it would duplicate the work done for the slide webdav servlet.
Slide webdav contains lot of code, so porting it to cocoon is a
major project.

Do you want to extend the matcher or introduce a new one? You could do
either

<map:match type="wildcard" method="PROPFIND" pattern="**./ >
</map:match>

or

<map:match type="wildcard"  pattern="**./ >
  <map:select type="webdav">
	<map:when test="PROPFIND">
      </map:when>
      <map:when test="PUT">
     </map:when>
  </map:select>
</map:match>

I would prefer the second solution, since you don't have to change
existing matchers.

Martin