cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Leftwich <rob...@leftwich.info>
Subject Re: SourceFactory lifecycles
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2002 20:46:49 GMT
At 03:48 AM 8/09/2002, Stephen McConnell wrote:

>What I actually mean was - which "component container" are you using and
>the answer is the ECM (Excalibur Componnet Manager varient on which Cocoon
>is based).

Excuse my newbie misunderstanding :-)

>Which means that the lifestyle declaration is the issue you need to deal
>with (thread-safe, per-thread, etc.).

Yep, what threw me was that there is no mention of thread-based lifecycle
interactions in the Avalon page on the component lifecycles, so I made a
(bad) assumption.

>My guess is that you have a configuration which is declaring a lifestyle
>policy of a new instance per request and you actually want something like
>per-thread of a singleton policy.

Spot on - ThreadSafe appears to do it for me, is that the correct
declaration for singleton behavior?

Robert