cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Leftwich <rob...@leftwich.info>
Subject SourceFactory lifecycles
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2002 10:50:31 GMT
I am implementing a source (for Prevayler) based on the
FileSource/URISource. I have implemented a SourceFactory that extends
AbstractLogEnabled and implements SourceFactory and Configurable.
Everything is working ok with the exception that configure() on the
SourceFactory appears to be called once per request. I was under the
impression (from the Avalon docs [1]) that configure() would only be
'called once in the entire life of a Component:'. So, it appears my
understanding/expectation that the lifetime of a SourceFactory is basically
the same as for the Cocoon servlet/context (i.e. I expect to see
configure() called only once) is wrong.
Can someone please enlighten me as to the actual lifecycle of a
SourceFactory as I want to do some one-off setup based on the parameters
passed to the configure() method?

Robert

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/framework/reference-the-lifecycle.html