cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Holz <h...@fiz-chemie.de>
Subject Re: WebDAV sitemap
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:59:55 GMT
On Monday 23 September 2002 12:06, Michael Homeijer wrote:
> There's allready a RequestMethodSelector that can do map:select
> type="webdav". I prefer this one since I don't like writing code. ;-)

Okay, the RequestMethodSelector ist the right place.

> I don't think Slide can do the job here, because it works om a standard
> type of repository or interface, not on an application build in Cocoon.
> With webdav on Cocoon you can map the protocol to anything written in
> Cocoon. Your application will then act as a virtual webdav repository.
>
> I am not sure what can be reused to implement this.

I don't suggest, to use slide as the (only) backend. But to
make Cocoon a webdav server,  we need a lot of
functionality, which is implemented in the Slide webdav servlet.

For example, you must add  webdav specific headers to a response.
You need to implement multistatus responses.
How about locking, versioning, acls ...

[...]
> I prefer this one since I don't like writing code. ;-)
I guess, you have to.

Martin