cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon running modes (was Re: Error Handling is NOT working)
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:45:56 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Might be worth investigating into running modes. Hmm.
>
>But comming back to the original problem ;) - We already have an
>intermediate
>output stream implemented and noone really complained about it:
>Its the buffered output stream in the abstract text serializer...the only
>problem here is that a) the size of the buffer might be too small
>and b) the stream is flushed on recycle().
>
>So, if we
>a) Move this buffered output stream handling out of the serializer
>   into the environment and
>b) Don't flush the stream on recycling a serializer and
>c) Add a small logic checking the buffer size for the current response,
>
>we have everything we need.

The output stream provided by the servlet engine is already buffered and
we can control the buffer size using ServletResponse.setBufferSize().
Why do we need an additional buffer ?

What about exposing this method by adding it to our Request interface ?
I already proposed this a while ago (see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=101661438030015&w=2),
including the proposal for setting the buffer size either as a servlet
parameter or an attribute of <map:pipeline>.

Thoughts ?

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez