cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: (Related) XSP Bug: xsp:element used as root element
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:32:32 GMT
[I think this is more appropriate for cocoon-users. Also, don't post
HTML messages to the list, please.]

Sanne de Roever wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been using the xsp:element, and xsp:attribute tags with succes when
> creating svg.
> But now I would like to wrap the root element svg in such a tag, so I can
> adjust the width and height.
>
> The could/should be like this:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <xsp:page language="java"
>  xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
>  xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0"
>  >
> <xsp:element name="svg">
>  <xsp:attribute name="width">500</xsp:attribute>
>  <xsp:attribute name="height">500</xsp:attribute>

<svg>
   <xsp:attribute name="width">500</xsp:attribute>
   <xsp:attribute name="height">500</xsp:attribute>

Should work.

> Could this be a bug?

I think XSP requires that the contents of xsp:page be single-rooted with
a root element that is not in the xsp namespace (apart from xsp:logic
and xsp:structure elements). This is because the output of the XSP
generator must be a well-formed XML document that has the <svg> element
as its root.

	Ugo

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it