cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Big problems with JispFilesystemStore
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:31:00 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Hi,
>
>the JispFilesystemStore has some serious problems/bugs - it does
>not implement the free() or the keys() method! - So if you use
>this store for caching (and it's the default) your cache
>might grow and grow - because the store janitor cannot free it!!!
>So, I recommend not to use the JispFilesystemStore in it's current
>state.

And we can not use FileSystemStore too, I guess you know this...

>I looked at the Jisp API but didn't see a way to get all keys out
>of the store. Is this right? Does anyone know a way, so we can
>fix these problems?

According to http://www.coyotegulch.com/algorithm/jisp/, JISP 2.0 was
released, which might have necessary methods.

IIRC, Gerhard desired working on integrating new JISP version into Cocoon.

PS Why do you need keys()? I've seen your CVS comment...

Vadim