cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Error Handling is NOT working
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:02:53 GMT

Ivelin Ivanov wrote:
> I agree with Carsten. The output should be flushed to the real output stream
> only after the sitemap processing has ended.

Since the *original* Cocoon design document, having output come out
right away because of the SAX processing was regarded as a *big
feature*, because it greatly enhances percieved performance on webapps.

Don't regard as a shortcoming something that is an important feature in
production, it's a problem usually only during debugging.

> Allowing direct access to the output stream proved to be very problematic
> for JSP applications as well.
> The 2.3 filters were warmly welcomed in the JSP world.
>
> The one big issue is the size of the buffer.
> However I was never really worried too much about it, because web
> applications are usually not ftp servers. Especially Cocoon applications.

IIRC we already configure a buffer somewhere, it has to be checked not
to interfere.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -