cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SourceFactory lifecycles
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2002 17:48:04 GMT

Robert Leftwich wrote:

> At 09:00 PM 7/09/2002, Stephen McConnell wrote:
>
>> A couple of questions:
>>
>>  1. which container are you using?
>

> If you mean servlet container, it's Resin 2.1.4 (on W2000) using the
> snapshot xml-cocoon2_20020905222323 with patch 12115 applied (for a
> NPE in AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java)

What I actually mean was - which "component container" are you using and
the answer is the ECM (Excalibur Componnet Manager varient on which
Cocoon is based).  Which means that the lifestyle declaration is the
issue you need to deal with (thread-safe, per-thread, etc.).

>>  2. is it really the case that the same instance is being configured
>> twice (or is it two instance with one configuration invocation for
>> each instance)
>

> I was checking this even as you wrote :-) It's actually a new instance
> per request with each being configured once.

My guess is that you have a configuration which is declaring a lifestyle
policy of a new instance per request and you actually want something
like per-thread of a singleton policy.

Cheers, Steve.

> Robert

Stephen J. McConnell